Thursday, November 24, 2011

Hello!

Hello and welcome to Maeve James! I'm so excited to be here, and to be starting this new adventure. Please say hello, I would love to meet you!



Maeve James will be constantly changing over the next couple of months as I get myself up and running as envisioned, but I couldn't wait to start writing and getting to know you. Thanks so much for being here.




I have always been the type of person that just can't sit, my body and mind is always racing, and that's not from too many cups of coffee, it's a genetic blessing or curse, however you may look at it. :-)


This was my latest project. I scored this cute little guy from Craigslist. It was one of those listings with no pictures. I typically don't even look at stuff with no images but this time I did and I'm so glad because it's an awesome solid dresser. From the minute I brought it home, it was screaming beachy chic.




This was it's original state. Not a great pic but it was just an ordinary dresser.








This is how it looks now. I antiqued it white and then painted subtle tan grey stripes on the top and down the face front, excluding the drawers. I kept the knobs their natural color but did the tan gray again in the center. I'm not sold on this yet, but I do like how the knobs make the stripes pop. It replaced the out of place serving cart in the bedroom hallway and it's quickly making itself at home.












Happy Holidays!



Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment