Monday, December 5, 2011

Lila's Vintage Number Dresser

I (and Lila) and have been very patiently awaiting an antique waterfall dresser that we could refinish for her room. Day in and day out we watched Craigslist, scoured yard sales, until one Saturday morning, as I was sipping my coffee, I found it, it was perfectly imperfect. I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. About 10 hours later it was sitting safely in our garage (my makeshift workshop). Matt calls it my little factory. :-)

Here is what it looked like when I brought it home.

And after a little trial and error, this is what it looks like today.

I painted the entire dresser a light vintage yellow, but didn't like it so I then painted it white, with pale pink drawers, antiqued it which allowed some of the yellow to peek through. I added some knobs from Anthropologie and pulls from Restoration Hardware and then wheeled this beauty into Lila's room. It just pulled the room together and now I have more of a vision to finish the rest of her room. I will try to share more pics soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment