Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Master Bedroom Makeover

With babe #3 very quickly on it's way, I really feel like we need to have a getaway, our master bedroom, the one place I can go for a breathe of air, a cozy sanctuary that we can retreat to amidst the madness of three little ones under the age of 4!  I have never had a nice master bedroom, some cute pieces but never something complete. 

I have been scouring for ideas for months now, with nothing, besides the gorgeous all white bedrooms, that really catch my eye.  As much as the all white bedroom appeals to me, without the backdrop to go with it I fear it could fail and I would get bored with it quickly.  So I decided I would like to go almost all white with a few pops of color.  Yesterday I think at long last found my inspiration room while reading my favorite blog, SF Girl by the Bay...

The Marion House Book
 
 
I never dreamed I would ever consider anything bright yellow or gold but I love how it pops from the white and I've always loved the idea of using some pink/coral but was afraid it would be too feminine.  I think this look still maintains masculinity I think because of the kilim pillows, blacks and greys in room. 
 
Immediately I started scouring for pieces to make this room work.  I've found these so far but will continue to look of course.
 
 
 
 
 

 

I'm not 100% on these, I'd like to find some more like in the pic with some detail to them, or find some material so I can make my own. 
 


 
Fabric to make my own:
 
 
 
 
 
 
Although I like this, I will try to find less sham and more pillow case, but these would be a nice runner up.
 
 
 
 

 
Not sure you can find much better, I'll share once/if it comes to fruition!  :-)
 
Peace,
Jill
 
 


 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment