Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Dresser Makeover

It's been pretty slow on Craigslist lately, I discovered this dresser in very bad shape, brought it home.  I realized the topcoat just peeled right off so I spent a couple of days using a putty knife to peel off the topcoat as you can see from the pictures.  I also puttied over all the hardware holes so I could change up the hardware a little bit. 

I decided to try something new and did a soft grey wash over white paint on it, with a little distressing.  Then I added some new oil rubbed bronze hardware.  I thought it turned out pretty good considering where it had been.  The drawers are clean and it's very solid.  It kind of reminds me in shape of a Restoration Hardware dresser.  It has a soft masculine appeal to it.  Anyhow, I'll let you decide. 

Here it was when I brought it home:



And here it is today:




Peace, Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment