Monday, January 23, 2012

West Elm and Victoria Smith Love

Hopefully you get the West Elm catalogs in the mail...if not, go to the West Elm website. There is a 'Show and Tell Parsons made Personal' spread in the latest 'Start Fresh' catalog and under the 'New' section on the website. In particular I am loving the interview and spread with Victoria Smith of sfgirlbybay.com.
Again I'm LOVING the opposing mix of laid back bohemian style with crisp modern lines. My style is forever evolving but with this style I feel like I've finally found it, the perfect blending of my style. I've tried the shabby chic thing, and I love individual pieces but put all together doesn't work for me. I love some modern pieces but everything modern feels very cold and sterile. I just love the idea of blending multiple styles with important personal treasures and somehow making it come together. It also makes it easier as you evolve your style, you can mix and match items you already have into new pieces. A little creativity also helps. Hope this spread inspires you. :-) Now if I can figure out where she got those awesome dining chairs and oversized chalkboard!! My personal favorite though is that amazing area rug! It would look amazing in my baby's nursery!!
I am also finished with a couple furniture makeovers too so hopefully I can share very soon!
Peace,
Jill xo

No comments:

Post a Comment